WorldWide Bushcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 8 apps

Go down

Windows 8 apps  Empty Windows 8 apps

Post by Badger 29th January 2014, 09:09

I saw ady's list about Android Apps; Since most people only have one mobile they are on just one the main Operating Systems (android, apple or windows) Well they are the main ones. I access Android Google Play store via my tablet which is great for now and again, but on a daily basis I use my Windows Lumia Mobile which is Windows Store; So I will cover a few apps i have on mine. 

1. SurvivalGuide. 
 Windows 8 apps  Get-attachment
                          This is a basic 'How-to' guide that gives tips on all different subjects, ranging from what is safe to eat to survival in different climates; It is very informative and it is almost all useful, apart from a few sections that refer to army order numbers for kit! Due to the fact that the whole guide is based on the 'U.S. Military Survival Manual FM 21-76'. Still not a bad app, but for myself I found it more useful for a few 'hints n tips' that you can add to practices you already do.

2. British Trees.

A  useful guide to the trees in the UK; Gives you full details of each tree, shape of leaves and plenty of pictures for reference.
You can look like a true expert to the kids with this app.

3. St John Cymru Wales

A full and concise First Aid App, this is the OFFICIAL APP so it covers everything! There is also a built-in quiz to test your knowledge or have the odd competition with camp-mates! From the title you may have guessed.... its bilingual too! So English or Welsh; Once downloaded no internet connection required. 

That's it for now, I will update this further in the next few days. I also have 'now maps' built in my mobile which is great. 

If anybody can add to the windows list that would be great.        
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum